Product Data Management (PDM)
Frontier Product Data Management (PDM) provides the tools to define and maintain the extensive product and production information required to drive an integrated ERP solution.
Frontier PDM, along with Product Configuration Management and Engineering Change Management, provides the functionality to support the engineering requirements of both stock and custom-configured product business models.
- Centralized item master file across all plants/warehouses to maintain standardized product naming conventions, categories, and descriptions
- Production-related information maintained by plant/warehouse to account for production variations between facilities:
- Production routings to define the manufacturing processes, along with acceptable alternatives, associated with the production of the product
- Product structures (BOMs) to define the required components, along with acceptable alternatives, associated with the production of the product
- Production departments, work centers and machines to define cost and capacity constraints associated with the production facility
- Inventory replenishment guidelines to drive material planning and suggested replenishment orders
- Foundation cost data for calculating rolled costs and the associated overhead of all manufactured products
Back to Software Overview